Home » Principles
- The Anarchist Bookfair collective affirms and promotes values of mutual aid, direct democracy, anti-authoritarianism, autonomy and solidarity. We reiterate our opposition to capitalism, imperialism, patriarchy, heterosexism, transphobia, ableism, racism, colonialism, statism and all other forms of oppression; we will not accept anyone to participate in the Anarchist Bookfair that perpetuates or promotes these attitudes.
- The Anarchist Bookfair collective will respect the autonomy of individuals, groups and booksellers that we invite to participate in the Anarchist Bookfair and related activities.
- The Anarchist Bookfair is a space to network around, highlight and aid struggles, both local and international.
- The Anarchist Bookfair strives to promote anarchist ideas through workshops as well as the bookfair itself, be that the introduction of these ideas to the public, or the elaboration of these ideas and dialogue between anarchist tendencies. We have a spirit of openness towards the different traditions, visions, and practices of anarchism.
- Priority within the Bookfair itself will be on the written word (books, pamphlets, zines, audio-visual materials) by groups including publishers, distributors, and action-oriented groups as well as individuals. We will also accept, on a case-by-case basis information, participation from community/activist groups, small publishers, and vendors of materials such as buttons, T-shirts or patches who fit within these principles.
- Our priority in seeking out distributors will be on materials in French, English, and Spanish. We will work to ensure that there are materials available at the Bookfair in languages other than English, particularly French.
- We do not accept the participation of political parties at the Bookfair.
- Decisions are made by consensus at Anarchist Bookfair collective meetings. The Festival of Anarchy projects need only to be discussed and agreed to at a meeting, at which point they are autonomous.