There are many tasks associated with the Bookfair, including planning and preparing for childcare and kids activities, film room, art and anarchy, workshops and presentations, organizing tables and distributors, various logistics including food, translations, and more. As well, there is the promotion of the Bookfair itself, which includes postering, flyering, online publicity and more.
If you can help volunteer with any of these tasks, please get in touch at any time by phone or e-mail. If you have any particular skills or contributions you can make towards the organization of the Bookfair, get in touch as well.
The Bookfair collective is organizing several volunteer meetings so that we can meet face-to-face and let people know how they can get involved.
The upcoming volunteer meetings will be:
- FRIDAY, MAY 3, 1pm-2pm (followed by postering/flyering)
- SUNDAY, MAY 12, 2pm-3pm (followed by postering/flyering)
- MONDAY, MAY 20, 6pm-7pm (followed by postering/flyering)
- WEDNESDAY, MAY 22, 6pm-8pm (sign-making, followed by postering/flyering)
All meetings above will be at 1500 de Maisonneuve West, #204 (métro Guy-Concordia). The space is wheelchair accessible. Come by at any time in the hours above (whether for 15 minutes or longer).
All potential Bookfair volunteers are encouraged to consult the following:
- Bookfair Principles: http://www.anarchistbookfair.ca/about/principles
– Bookfair Accessibility Policy and Committment: http://www.anarchistbookfair.ca/about/accessibility