Callout: Seeking Bookfair poster designs (deadline extended: November 25, 5pm)
DEADLINE EXTENDED: The deadline for poster submissions for this year’s anarchist bookfair has been extended to NOVEMBER 25 at 5pm (no exceptions). Please send your final poster designs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Montreal Anarchist Bookfair Collective is seeking a Montreal-based volunteer to do graphic design for the 2012 Anarchist Bookfair.
We are making an open callout for a poster design. The deadline to submit a poster design is NOVEMBER 25, 2011 at 5pm.
If your poster is chosen, you will be the Anarchist Bookfair graphic designer. The Anarchist Bookfair graphic designer will be expected to:
- finalize the design of their colour poster in English and French in communication with the Bookfair Collective;
- transform the poster design into: a) a 11×17 black & white poster in English and French; b) a black & white flyer in English and French; c) a website banner; d) a logo; e) a t-shirt design; f) a Bookfair program cover design;
- work closely with the Bookfair collective to finalize all visual media related to the Bookfair. The Bookfair is organized on the basis of the following principles: http://www.anarchistbookfair.ca/about/principles
- be available for this process from now until the Bookfair in May, particularly from February to April.
When you submit your design:
- send a colour poster design as a jpg file (300 dpi) to email@example.com BEFORE November 25, 2011 at 5pm;
- write “poster submission” in the subject line;
- also include your name, as well as a contact telephone number and e-mail addresss;
- on your proposed poster itself, please include the following information:
Montreal Anarchist Bookfair 2012
Saturday, May 19 & Sunday, May 20
at the CÉDA (2515 rue Delisle)
& the Centre Culturel Georges- Vanier (2450 rue Workman)
métro Lionel Groulx
FREE. Welcome to all!
Childcare on site. Bring your kids.
Main floor is wheelchair accessible.
Contact us for further accessibility needs.
For anarchists, and for people who are curious about anarchism.
Booksellers, workshops, films, discussions, kids activities, art exhibits and more!
* You can choose to not use this slogan, or to use another slogan, as part of your proposed poster design; the Bookfair collective will decide the final content of the main Bookfair poster.
- We print separate French and English posters; you can submit your design in either language.
- You can also consult previous designs at the following link: http://www.anarchistbookfair.ca/about/posters
- If you submitted a poster design last year, you can re-submit your design.
- Those poster designs that are not selected for this year’s Bookfair will be displayed at the 2012 Bookfair as part of the Art & Anarchy exhibition on the walls of the Bookfair space.
Thanks for considering submitting a design.
– The Montreal Anarchist Bookfair Collective